Core XR6LW Kite
Bestseller. Test winner. World record holder.
Core XR6 Kite is CORE’s signature five strut Delta Bow kite and isn’t just a fan favorite and test winner; it also breaks records. Earlier this year, both Maarten Haeger und Ross-Dillon Player busted through the 30m barrier on their XR’s. A feat that was considered impossible was, in fact, possible. We congratulate both for their amazing achievements.
Calling all astronauts, the XR6 seeks test pilots.
Fourteen years of development, hundreds of prototypes, and many inhospitable test sessions have gone into the XR6’s signature ride. Frank Ilfrich, CORE’s head designer, knows how important it is not to lose the DNA that makes the XR what it is today and his team has succeeded again. The XR’s linear responsiveness continues to deliver effortless cruising, record-breaking hangtime, and super smooth landings. After six generations, they’ve dialed in the characteristics regular kiters and astronauts-in-training seek. Like prodigious power. Unbelievable depower. And precise control on the water and in the air. Grab your test pilot gear and allow CORE’s perennial bestseller to blast you to the moon metaphorically.
Rocketship scientist stuff inside.
The XR6 continues with its highly successful 5-strut, Delta Bow shape. CORE’s proven fabrics – CoreTex and ExoTex – are exclusively used on the canopy and leading edge. Our rocketship scientist, Frank Ilfrich, went over every small detail and found weight savings in the leading edge, extra speed in the canopy, and efficiency improvements to our Speed Pump System. Frank and his team modified the strut curves to extract more stability especially when powered. The additional strut rigidity (and lowend grunt) required a small adjustment to the CIT bridle points to add a little more power steering.
XR6 LW. It’s windy enough.
We’ve all experienced those days when the wind teases us. You wonder, is it enough to go out? We take the guesswork out with the XR6 LW, a lightwind rocket. It inherits all the power and range of the legendary XR6 while receiving measurable weight saving upgrades like CoreTex Light. We could go on, but we prefer that you find out for yourself how stellar the new XR6 LW performs.
Records are meant to be broken.
What started as a family vacation for 18-year-old CORE team rider Maarten Haeger, turned into a surreal dream when he pumped up his XR5 and smashed through the 30m barrier with an amazing 32m jump on January 2nd, 2019. Then, Ross-Dillon Player followed up Maarten’s performance with an amazing 30.3m jump a few weeks later in Cape Town on his XR. It looks like Cape Town delivered the goods in January. We wish we could’ve joined you – congrats to both of you. Now, it’s your turn to break some personal bests with the new XR6.
- EXOTEX® ULTRA RIGID DACRON: For zero stretch airframes.
- CORETEX® TRIPLE RIPSTOP CANOPY: Extreme durability and UV protection.
- TWO COLOR OPTIONS: “BrightWhite10” and “TechBlack10”
- 5 STRUT FRAME: For maximum canopy stability.
- DELTA BOW SHAPE: More power and even more depower.
- INTELLIGENT ARC: Adjustable wingspan on demand.
- SHORT BRIDLE SYSTEM: Improved kite feedback.
- CIT MODES: Customizable “power steering” and turning speed.
- INSTANT RELAUNCH: Effortless water relaunches.
- SPEED VALVE 2: Fast, reduced effort inflation.
- SPEED PUMP SYSTEM: Improved all strut inflation.
- SENSOR BAR READY: Calibrated for Sensor bar systems.
- SIX YEAR REPLACEMENT PARTS AVAILABILITY: Long termprotection.
Kite|Kite Bag|Manual|Patch kit
- Control bar and pump Sold Separately